Saturday, September 8, 2012

Faith & Truth

White Sands National Park - New Mexico

Almost about two weeks ago, I attended this gathering here in Wilmington called "Overflow." Now by gathering I mean college worship program that this local church puts on every Thursday. But I don't want  to turn anyway any non-church goers, so in this case we'll refer to this as a gathering. Now to be clear I will state now and forever that I am a Christian. But for this writing piece, I want to talk about faith and truth in the most neutral since. We'll see how this goes.

We think the opposite of faith is doubt. Makes since right? ERR, Wrong. The opposite of faith is certainty.

This was the topic of the gathering. Boom. In plain thought, the truth hit me so hard. How true is that? Faith requires doubt. When we have faith in something, it's because we don't have the answer or can't see what lies ahead. It's this doubt that requires some of us to have faith.

Right now in my life I feel as lost as a nomad in the desert. I don't have any of the answers as to what I want to do, where I want to live, what kind of guy I want to end up with, or even what kind of hairstyle I want. But here's the thing... I have faith. And what I'm starting to realize is that I don't have to have all the answers right now. The answers will come as they may; and that my friends, is life! If I had all the answers right at this moment, what would the rest of my life be like? I have faith in that all things work out as they should. I have faith that if you truly believe in something, it can and will come true. I have faith that if you think positive, positive things will start to appear in your life. I have faith that even in the darkest moments, there is light. You may not know where your faith lies right now but I know from a Christian stand point my faith lies with the Lord. But that's me:)

So the truth is, find a lil faith in your life! And know that where there is faith, doubt is near-by. But don't be discouraged. Because soon, it'll all get better!


No comments:

Post a Comment