Monday, June 25, 2012

Around The Corner

So I'm there! I found it. Right around the corner at my next job. In my last post you found out that I have officially moved back to the United States. Well, so far so good... I have a great job! Oh and a baller apartment. Yep, you would think I have it together. Haha Well here's a secrete, I hardly ever have it together.



I thought I had everything figured out when I was in Panama. I was ready to move back, find a cute apartment that I could pinterest out, find my group of friends to share a life with, find a guy who has it together, and make a real salary. Well so far so good (minus the guy part, I'm pretty sure guys my age who have it together are pretty non-existent- or I find something wrong with them- my issues, I know). However after obtaining the majority of these things I envisioned, why am I still wanting new things?? Why am I changing  my mind in only the 3rd month I've been back!? I have a salary job, an amazing apartment on the waterway, and a town full of things I love. Yet I find myself tonight (and every night) looking up the top art schools, dreaming about living in LA or New York, becoming a waitress again so I can have time to travel- UHgan, taking off for 6 months to travel Europe, and picturing myself as Anne Curry's successor on the Today Show. Why is what I have never good enough? 

I'd like to think that the answer to this is having patience. And I'd also like to think that this is something I have and is one of my strong points... Wait for it.... it's not. DEFINITELY not. I want it all, I want to do it all, I want to be it all... And before I'm 30. (7 years left). But what was I just talking about? Oh yeah, patience. Hah I'm working on that. But is that the real answer to the question? The answer is probably something deeper than just patience. But just like all who really  know me, I'm done right here. Not a fan of opening up more. So I'll leave this as an open ended question.

That's all I got for tonight. I really want to write a funny article about hipsters and my whole outlook on this new/old phenomenon. Keep a lookout for my next post!







<--- Hipster Frances




No comments:

Post a Comment